If you have 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable Error message in your browser and can’t access site, Go to your Magento root installation, find a maintenance.flag file and delete it. Sometimes Magento just won’t come out of maintenance mode. If this doesn’t help, delete your cache and sessions and try again.
Magento Delete All ‘Url Rewrite Management’ URLs in the Database
To delete all the URL rewrites from the Magento admin backend, you can do the following:
- Using your favourite database browser, connect to your Magento database
- Go to the table named ‘core_url_rewrite’
- Empty this table
- Log back in to the Magento backend and reindex all
This action will clear out all manually and the system created rewrites and recreate only the needed ones.
Magento site not working in Responsinator?
Magento Community Edition 1.9.2 is Now Available
The latest stable release of the Magento Community Edition 1.9.2 is now ready to download. This will be a great opportunity to built a more secure site with the best quality.
Features of Magento CE 1.9.2
Updates technology and improves quality
Latest versions of the Zend 1 Framework and Redis integration comes with the new release. Over 105 quality improvements will be provided throughout the product.
Automated functional testing framework
The new release will provide almost 170 automated functional tests for merchants with in house development teams. This will help to maximise the quality. At the time of marketing, it is easier to do basic acceptance testing when adding extensions, making customizations, or upgrading.
Get static block in CMS and Phtml
Get Base Url , Skin Url , Media Url , Js Url , Store Url and Current Url
Marketz – Useful free marketplace magento extension
Using Marketz multi-Vendor magento extension, magento store owners are able to transform their existing store to a fantastic marketplace. Every website owner can now sell his/her products and allow others to sell their products too. Also, with this plug-in, the owners can easily earn additional revenue by setting up commission fee for every purchase of vendor products.
Bitnami Magento Development
SSH Connection using Putty:
Windows does not come with a bundled SSH client by default. It is recommended that you use the freely available Putty utility, which can be downloaded from:
You will need to get your SSH key in PPK format
Magento is an eCommerce platform built on open source technology that provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system. It offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools.
Magento is the fastest growing and most powerful eCommerce platform in the world. Since being launched in 2007, Magento has grown to become one of the most powerful eCommerce platforms in the industry.
Why is Magento the most preferred E-Commerce Platform?
- Magento platform comes packed with loads of user-friendly features.
- It allows updating ecommerce website automatically, which is not available in other e- commerce platforms.
- It is simple, quick and versatile, which makes it easy for customers to search and purchase products and services through Magento-powered websites.
- Magento offers users with highly interactive shopping experience.
- Besides supporting multiple website, Magento also lends support to online stores in promoting their inventory in diverse domains.
- Magento being designed to be a configuration based MVC system (along with a range of extensions) helps to make website highly scalable.
- Magento e-commerce platform features include a powerful SEO, marketing and catalogue management tools so as to fulfill exclusive business requirements of merchants.
- It can increase the efficiency of operations and widen product reach by integrating Magento store with other outlets.
Versions of Magento
One of the currently used version in Magento is the Community Edition, which is free, open source platform that is designed for developers to build upon.