Magento is an eCommerce platform built on open source technology that provides online merchants with a flexible shopping cart system. It offers powerful marketing, search engine optimization, and catalog-management tools.
Magento is the fastest growing and most powerful eCommerce platform in the world. Since being launched in 2007, Magento has grown to become one of the most powerful eCommerce platforms in the industry.
Why is Magento the most preferred E-Commerce Platform?
- Magento platform comes packed with loads of user-friendly features.
- It allows updating ecommerce website automatically, which is not available in other e- commerce platforms.
- It is simple, quick and versatile, which makes it easy for customers to search and purchase products and services through Magento-powered websites.
- Magento offers users with highly interactive shopping experience.
- Besides supporting multiple website, Magento also lends support to online stores in promoting their inventory in diverse domains.
- Magento being designed to be a configuration based MVC system (along with a range of extensions) helps to make website highly scalable.
- Magento e-commerce platform features include a powerful SEO, marketing and catalogue management tools so as to fulfill exclusive business requirements of merchants.
- It can increase the efficiency of operations and widen product reach by integrating Magento store with other outlets.
Versions of Magento
One of the currently used version in Magento is the Community Edition, which is free, open source platform that is designed for developers to build upon.